American School of Barcelona - Schools in Spain

Spain International Schools
Italy International Schools
France International Schools
Spanish Links

British Primay School
El Limonar (espanol)
Newton College
The English School
Xabia Int'l College
English school of Asturias
American School
Benjamin Franklin International School
Blossom International Kindergarten
Col.legi Europa School
American School
British Council School
Hastings School
International College
International School of Madrid
Runnymede College
Aloha College
International School Estepona
Mayfair International Academy
The Music Factory
The Peter Pan Bilingual Nursery Schools
Sunland Int'l School
Baleares Int'l School
El Limonar (espanol)
International School
American School
Caxton College

Language Schools
English Connection, Madrid
Hispania Center, Madrid



American School of Barcelona

Calle Jaime Balmes 7, Esplugues de Llobregat, 08950, Barcelona, Spain
Tel: (+34) 93 371 4016
Fax: (+34) 93 473 4787

School Summary
National, US, curricula.
500 students, 3-18 yrs.

The American School of Barcelona, established in 1962, is a non-profit, private co-educational day school. The school was established to provide an American education to students from the local and international community of Barcelona. It is owned by a parents association which elects a Board of Governors. The American School of Barcelona is authorized by the Spanish of Education and accredited by MSA.

The school provides a basic American instructional program. The nature of the school permits its students to follow the US curriculum from nursery to twelfth grade while at the same time enabling them to become integrated in the culture and language of the host country.

The school's experienced faculty is predominantly American, with degrees from American universities and certified in their respective areas. Sixty-five percent of staff is tenured, 35% are recruited hire who usually remain from two to four years.

The student body is 65% Spanish plus American and 30 other nationalities make up the remaining 35%. The school year, which has 175 school days, begins in September and ends in June. The school day is from 9:00 to 16:00.

ASB offers sports, art, music and computer classes, as well as an extensive program of extra-curricular activities, excursions and school trips.

The American School of Barcelona is located in Esplugues on the outskirts of the city. There are two main buildings which include classrooms, three science labs, a library, computer room, art room and lunch room. Sports facilities include two basketball courts, soccer field, gym and sports dressing rooms. There is a new purpose-built Early Childhood Center on campus.

Admission to the American School of Barcelona is open to students of any race, nationality, or creed. Non-native speakers of English must pass an English language entrance exam. Secondary students must take English and math entrance exams.

Teaching in Spain
Read about the experiences of other teachers

Llinks recommended by expats in Spain.

Teach English Overseas
Teach English overseas, obtain a TEFL or TESOL certificate.

Disclaimer: The information on these pages are provided by the schools themselves. World Wide Schools takes no responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions.
If you are a representative of this school and wish to correct information, please click on and submit any corrections.